CG Supervisor – Toto
As the CG Supervisor, you will also be responsible for on-site leadership and management of the Vancouver department Technical Directors and will collaborate with the Head of Production Technology, Supervising TDs, and Vancouver Craft Supervisors to build and maintain processes across both studios.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Production Technology, Supervising TDs and Head of
- Software Management to ensure a common and standardised approach to the workflow across both studios
- Work closely with the Director, Co-Director, Head of Production Technology, Production Designer, Art Director, and Crafts Supervisors to assess technical options to execute the creative vision of an animated film
- Oversee and drive the Technical Director team to deliver established goals in a timely manner and to the highest standard
- Identify any inefficiencies and technical roadblocks, work with relevant departments and supervisors to troubleshoot and rectify the issues
- Provide strategic, innovative, synergistic, cost effective technical leadership for the Vancouver studio and projects
- Drive exchanges of ideas and methodologies to provide optimal solutions for creative and technical challenges
- Work with Associate Producers to ensure development resources and timing are appropriate
- Partner with Artist Management to help build, nurture, mentor, and structure the Technical Director team
- Work with Artist Management to contribute to performance reviews and provide constructive and positive feedback
- Work with recruitment to evaluate and interview candidates.
What you bring:
- 5 years supervisory experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or VFX feature films
- Proven experience with implementing technical solutions to creative problems
- Effective leadership, problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with Python or C++ scripting
- Excellent knowledge of a range of software typically found in digital production such as Maya/MEL, XSI, Houdini, Mari and Nuke
- Advanced knowledge of rendering workflows
- Proven ability in pipeline development
To apply for this job please visit animallogic.com.