Digital Resource Administrator (Vancouver)
Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Digital Resource Administrator. The Digital Resource Administrator is responsible to assess the animation with the Lead, before its final output to film and video. The Digital Resource Administrator is responsible for adding texture, lighting and depth to the original wireframe animation. This is a fulltime, permanent role that reports to the Digital Resources Lead.
Please note that this position includes variable shift work.
- Work with other artists on the delivery of final rendered computer graphics elements for an animated feature film
- Work with production to identify priorities (sequences, dept, shots)
- Provide ideas to assist in developing and refining efficiency of Animation and Render pipelines
- Act as point of contact for production to communicate needs
- Monitor 3D animation render queues and respond to identified errors/faults when required
- Diagnose problems in conjunction with the artists and production
- Manage resource allocations, including people and systems
- Escalate issues in a timely manner and ensure follow through
- Monitor critical systems in Zabbix/Grafana; analyse and report system failures
- Facilitate and monitor the global syncing of assets between sites
- Work with the equivalent team in the other global site/sites
- 2+ years’ experience working in a VFX/Animation production environment
- 1+ years’ experience monitoring render queues and diagnosing rendering problems
- Previous experience in a digital artist support position within a Linux environment
- University or college degree in animation/VFX is required
- Knowledge of animation/VFX artist tool applications such as Maya, Nuke
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts
- Familiarity with artist scripting languages (eg. Perl, Python)
- Strong client service and communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner with various personality types
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve with competing deadlines
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
Salary range CAD$52 – 58k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
We have animation studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development teams in LA. After the Vancouver studio wrapped in early 2019 on their first animated feature, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, production quickly began on their next project DC’s Super Pets! Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Our contact number is 604 398 4800.
In 2020, Animal Logic delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2. Recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
To apply for this job please visit www.animallogic.com.