Expression of Interest – Stereographer
Are you a Stereographer who can help supervise, define and implement the successful technical and creative execution of the final stereoscopic output while working in collaboration with the CG Supervisor, Production and R&D?
What you’ll get to do:
- Ensure that the films Stereoscopic execution and its final output support are in alignment with the film director’s vision for the film and its narrative
- Encourage a broader awareness and understanding of stereoscopic techniques and opportunities to enhance the creative and narrative success of the film
- When required, partner with the CG Supervisor, R&D, Systems and Production management team to efficiently schedule stereoscopic work to ensure production budgets, milestones and delivery expectations are met
- Establish the depth script treatment for the film, including feedback regarding framing and staging with the Director, Layout Supervisor, and the Animation Director
- Attend all stereoscopic reviews with the Director and crew as required providing technical and creative guidance as it relates to stereography
- Work with related craft areas, including Layout, Animation, Editorial, FX and Lighting, to encourage a solid understanding and awareness of stereoscopic techniques, the opportunities it provides and potential technical challenges it may raise
- Mentor your team to continually grow and learn by sharing their expertise and guidance
- Understands the overall brief and goals of a project and communicates this clearly to each member of the team
- Delegates work responsibly to ensure successful completion of shots across team members of all skill levels
What you bring:
- 5 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature with a focus in Stereo
- Previous experience leading successful stereoscopic teams on digital feature film or VFX projects
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
- Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
- Professional experience and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular Maya and Nuke
- Expert knowledge of stereoscopic techniques and principles in a digital feature film environment
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of the cinematographic process and layout as it applies to digital feature films and stereography
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to work towards, and meet, deadlines while under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- Your demo reel should have examples of stereo 3D, preferably in two image streams
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and Super Pets. Recent productions include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
To apply for this job please visit www.animallogic.com.