Rigging TD – Super Pets (Vancouver)
Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Rigging TD. The Rigging TD is responsible for supporting creative and visual objectives through pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction, and tool development. This position will work closely with the Vancouver and Sydney Rigging teams, R&D, and other craft TD’s to ensure a standardised approach. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the Rigging Supervisor and Artist Management.
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by leading development of new tools to support the creative process
- Assist the Rigging team with day to day issues and glitches and eventually escalating those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable
- Testing and validating new releases of pipeline tools, with an emphasis in Rigging, both interactive (Maya & propriety systems) and automated (Farm) within these Production tool and Farm environment
- Liaise with the R&D and Sydney Rigging team to ensure compliance with current internal best practices
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (eg. Modelling, Animation) and provide input where required to maximise efficiency and quality
- Take responsibility for the optimisation of the workflow of the department
- Maintaining a clean common facility pipeline (tools, automation, practices) across multiple shows at the same time.
- Creating and updating technical documentation for Rigging processes
- Establish close partnership with Rigging staff and other TD groups
- 3 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- Proven TD experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or VFX feature films
- Degree in Computer Science, Design, Engineering, Maths or Physics, or equivalent combination of education & work experience in animation/VFX
- Solid understanding of Rigging techniques and flow across adjoining departments (Modelling & Animation)
- Experience creating and troubleshooting proprietary API using Python
- Advanced understanding of OOP in Python and learning/working to proprietary APIs
- A comprehensive understanding of 3D tools in Maya and pipeline integration, with an emphasis on Rigging (toolset and workflows)
- Ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise, and excellent attention to detail
- C++ knowledge helpful but not mandatory
- An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of both off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines
- Strong organization and self-prioritization skills
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving and finding solutions within the parameters presented
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
Salary range CAD$80 – 115k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
We have teams based in Sydney, LA and most recently Vancouver, within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part has just wrapped, with more animated features in the pipeline including DC’s Super Pets! Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Our contact number is 604 398 4800.
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and Super Pets. Recent productions include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.