Senior Software Engineer – Rendering
Are you a Software Engineer interested in joining our core R&D group to develop and enhance our proprietary rendering software (Glimpse); including our state-of-the-art rendering engine, shading system, and scene representation? If the answer is yes, then read on!
For more information on Glimpse
What you’ll get to do:
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world applying your technical skills to create new tools and techniques for generating highly realistic imagery
- Work in a small but focused group, close to end users
- See the results of your effort up on the screen
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience developing 3D rendering software using C++ in high performance computing environments
- Strong mathematical skills and familiarity with numerical methods, probability and statistics used for rendering such as Monte Carlo integration and importance sampling
- A talent and passion for optimisation and a working knowledge of efficient spatial data structures
- A thorough understanding of light transport and global illumination techniques
- You may have knowledge or experience developing shading or raytracing algorithms on massively parallel architectures such as GPUs
- Working knowledge of shading technologies such as RSL, OSL, GLSL
- An ability to work in a challenging environment, take direction and possess good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Physics or Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Willingness to work in a highly dynamic production environment and collaborate with artistic staff
- You may have a background in film, animation, television, visualization or games
What do you value?
- Collaborative culture – We produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, and friendly. We are one big family!
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – We understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life.
- Social animals – Join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit 2 and Super Pets. Recent productions include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Peter Rabbit, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant. Other film credits include: The LEGO Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
To apply for this job please visit www.animallogic.com.